She is based in Berlin and has a big heart for fashion, photography, and the beauty of minimalistic things in life: Elisa Schenke. Since 2014, she shares her passions on her style blog SCHWARZER SAMT regularly and inspires her readers every day anew. She caught our attention a while ago with her most inspiring feed and style. Straight, cool, edgy and always in combination with something black, that’s how we would describe her style.

Fans of monochrome aesthetics will get their money’s worth on her feed. Elisa’s style is wonderfully calm and always on point and that’s what makes her so likeable. The 180 cm tall Berlin girl combines with ease different labels with her minimalistic style. In real life, she’s studying fashion marketing in Berlin and her blog is her canvas to share her creativity with the world. The Berlin-based girl lives her life according to the motto Less is More, which is reflected in her blog as well. All of her looks are a combination of timeless black or white items.

Her closet consists 85% of black, white, and grey pieces, one third are statement pieces and the rest are timeless items. Just 15% of her items are colored in red, nude, orange, yellow, or denim-blue, as she told us. During her school time, she started to wear black, because she was tired of spending too much time in front of her closet every morning. So she started wearing black, because black is of course easier to combine and you’re never over- or underdressed. Meanwhile, she also started to wear some color, but still buys her everyday- and investment-pieces in black to avoid bad buys.

“My motivation is to always create something new, I don’t want to and can never stand still. I like to refine my skills and try out new things and that’s how the website progresses alongside me.Elisa Schenke

Elise’s favorite shops range from online and premium to vintage and high street stores. Some brands (like Zara) she only shops online and other ones just in store. Her favorite brands are Céline, Loewe, Jil Sander, Balenciaga and House of Dagmar. If you’re not just looking for a inspiring account of timeless and trendy looks, and you’re interested in some stylish photographs, we recommend you Elisas’s blog SCHWARZER SAMT.

 

*numbers current at the time of writing.

Copyright: All images are copyright protected and property of Elisa Schenke.